Thursday, January 7, 2010

No Mas Poo Poo






Snow, snow, snow, and more snow.  Cold, cold, cold, and more cold!  I say, no more!

I think woudl Oates agree with me that a few inches of the powdery white can be fun in winter.  I'm sure it's fun to frolic in the snow and sniff after bunny tracks in the backyard, but what happens when the depth of the snow becomes greater than the height of your puggle?

No more poo poo.  That's what.

Can I blame him?  I suppose not.  Is it a problem?  It sure is turning into one!  Not only are we contending with all this snow, it's also subzero.  Single digits and negatives are not good for little puggle paws, and we can't manage to stay outside long enough to get the full tour of duty done on a single trip.  This photo is of Oates begging to let me back inside at the gate after only going number one.  I told him not until you number two! 

But, my heart is not at cold as this weather, and I just can't leave him out there for long. 

A few days ago I discovered something horrifying.  Secret Poop Land.  At some point, not under my watch, he has jumped the baby gate at the stairway and decided that our entire upstairs is his pooping palace!  "Why go out in that cold snow when I can stay warm and go up here?" he must be thinking.  Can I blame him?  Of course not.  Is it a problem?  Of course it is!

I'm not sure I'll figure out a resolution to this problem until we start to thaw out.  It's going to be awhile so says the weatherman, so I better just prepare to poop scoop my house when it's all said and done.  Gross!

5 comments:

  1. Well this is what human Granny does durning the dead of winter. I have a 'Dog litter pan' it was the one she trained me with when I was a little pup. She puts paper in it with a 'doggy pad' on top of the paper she buys the doggy pads at the store. When the weather is too wicked she put it out and I use it. Snicker! Snciker! She says:
    "GOOD POTTY" when I use it and gives me a treat. Hope this helps....<3
    Licks and Wags, Ariel <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, sorry to hear about secret poop land, what a crazy puggle. That is funny to hear about the snow being taller than your puggle, must be funny to watch him play. You should add your puggle blog to the ones on this Puggle website

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Puggle uses a dog litter box. We use Yesterday News pellets. Regular Kitty litter is too tempting to dig in. It goes flying everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! We had 7 ft of snow up here and so I decided to go right in front of the back door!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doggie litter boxes... yes... i will look into this. I think i have seen an infomercial on something like that, but i doubt it works for some reason... Thanks guys!

    ReplyDelete